Certificates of SIGEN-CA are issued by the Certification Authority of digital certificates at the Ministry of Public Administration. The certificates have the highest level of security and the strongest possible encryption. The Certification Authority operates in accordance with the Electronic Commerce and Electronic Signature Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 57/2000 and No. 25/2004), Decree on Conditions of Electronic Commerce and Electronic Signing (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 77/2000) and the Policy of SIGEN-CA. Digital certificates of SIGEN-CA are above all designed for operating with of the interior.
SIGEN-CA Web Qualified Digital Certificates are designed for natural persons and business entities, and are used for:
- secure web communication according to SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocols,
- secure sending of email according to S/MIME (Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) protocols,
- services and applications, for which the use of web digital certificates of the Certification Authority at MJU is required.
SIGEN-CA Enterprise Qualified Digital Certificates are designed for business entities and are used for:
- encryption and decryption of data in electronic form,
- digital signing of data in electronic form and authentication of the signatory's identity,
- secure deletion of data in electronic form,
- service and applications, for which the use of enterprise qualified digital certificates of the Certification Authority at MJU is required.
The purpose, operation, and methodology of managing digital certificates, the responsibility of SIGEN-CA, terminology, and the security requirements, which users and other Certification Authorities have to fulfil, in order to be included into the infrastructure of the Certification Authority at the Ministry of Public Administration and its signatory SIGEN-CA, are defined in SIGEN-CA Policy.